Sunday 9 February 2014

An easyrider afternoon

This post is somewhat belated.... just realised that it never published properly!


Sally (another volunteer) met Mr Uyen in Hoi An and travelled back after her weekend holiday with him.
He seemed nice, and spoke good enough English. So I figured (before committing to a weekend or weeklong easy rider tour.... I'll try out an afternoon! Plus, I wanted to get to Marble mountain and using him as a taxi seemed like a good plan.

So, first off to Marble Mountain.
I did see MM 3 years ago, but it is beautiful and well worth another trip! Lots of caves, statues and pagodas to look at.


Then we headed to the opposite side of Da Nang to look at the pagodas and giant lady buddha (seriously, this thing is huge!)

But on the way stopping off at a little fishing community on the outskirts of DaNang


I think those round boats look impossible to row, but apparently they are quite easy! I will have to try to hire one someday and find out for myself!

Then up to the pagoda, with a giant lady Buddha, lots of people, hundreds of people. Combination of locals going to pray during Tet. Tourist buses stopping for the view, and tourist like me

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your interesting postings, lucy.

    Enjoy, and keep up the good works.

    Simon.

    ReplyDelete